Re: [squid-users] Is squid-3.2 ready in production environment?

From: FredB <fredbmail_at_free.fr>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 18:59:31 +0100

Le 17/11/2011 05:14, Kaiwang Chen a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> It's more than one year since first RC version became available. Is it
> still beta release, not ready for production environment yet?
> I am eager to try SMP scaling workers, just not sure about current state.
>
> Thanks,
> Kaiwang

Of course I can't speak for squid team, but I had
tested almost all the releases and I had reported
a lot of bugs, and my English make their headache
worse, since a long time now (Squid 2.7/3.0 and
icap I think)

For me Squid 3.2/workers is almost ready for
production with diskd and some patchs - not yet
included in CVS version -
But I have tested it with a heavy load and it
still unstable by moment, and some minor bugs can
be really annoying, like wrong DNS Error Message

My advice is to wait for heavy load, and why not
otherwise