Re: [squid-users] %login in ACL without autentication configured

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 08:56:39 +1300

On 23/11/2011 3:04 a.m., Luis Enrique Sanchez Arce wrote:
> I try to configure external acl without autentication configured
>
> external_acl_type redirprogram children=30 concurrency=10 ttl=300 %URI %SRC %LOGIN %METHOD redir
>
> If i use the acl redir_program and the autentication is not configured the user logged is "-"
>
> How can i do that with external acl. I need use external acl to modified the entry log with %ea variable.
>
> Best regard,
> Luis

%LOGIN is for passing the autentication helper credentials to the
external ACL helper. Doing a full login if needed.

For extenral ACL to produce credentials it needs to do whatever to
locate them in the background and passes the username back to Squid like so:

     OK user=username
or
     ERR user=suername

Amos