Re: [squid-users] External allow/deny

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 22:58:56 +1300

On 23/11/2011 10:33 p.m., Matvey Teplov wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a short question: Is there an option to offload allow/deny
> decision to the external script from squid itself? The target is to
> run external script that will enquire the database for the allow/deny
> action based on the certain type of logic.
>
> Cheers

No, but yes.

No ... the allow/deny is just a human readable label for an if..else
code branch Squid performs based on some ACL boolean tests. It can't be
detached from Squid.

Yes ... one particular ACL test can be pushed externally and do any
amount or type of logics you may want to do in order to push an OK/ERR
(true vs false boolean) back to Squid.
see http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/external_acl_type

Amos