Re: [squid-users] Squid URL / Network Free Access

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 00:23:44 +1300

On 25/11/2011 8:18 p.m., Edmonds Namasenda wrote:
> Dear Friends,
> I am using Squid 3.1 in transparent mode.
> How can I stop Squid from scanning and logging traffic to particular
> URLs or networks?
> Something like users can connect to the URLs or networks freely
> without Squid's interception.

Squid is not doing any interception part itself. It is only the receiver
of intercepted traffic.

You have to add exceptions to the NAT rules which are doing the actual
intercept / packet alterations. By the time the packets arrive at Squid
it is too late to do any bypass. All you can do is allow them out
immediately with "http_access allow" lines and/or block the record being
logged using "log_access deny" lines.

> There is an official video access portal which seems to be eating up
> my logs space and then access to it is slowed, somehow.

Unrelated, unless your disks are overflowing and cache file storage
problems ensuing. Then that is probably something you want to look into
separately.

Amos