[squid-users] Re: Problem with latest squid 3.2 snapshot

From: alexatull <alexsharaz_at_me.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 04:53:32 -0800 (PST)

Well, managed to get squid running in SMP mode

Short answer was I'd copied stuff from by 3.1.16 production service and was
explicitly specifying ip addresses and ports to listen on. So ...

http_port 150.237.85.249:3128
http_port 150.237.84.13:3128

Resulted in no IP address being listened on when running in SMP mode but did
if I fire up squid with -N arg. ( netstat -a showed squid listening on above
IPv4 addresses)

setting http_port 3128 however caused squid to listen on an IPv6 address and
everything fired up and I could run squid in SMP mode.
[
What I actually ended up doing was

1). Remove kernel option that disabled IPv6 and rebooted machine
2). Rebuilt squid having removed --disable-ipv6
3). Changed cache effective user to locally created "squid" user instead of
the default of nobody ( this made a big difference to things actually
running)
4). Started from scratch with supplied squid sample config file ad stepped
through things till it broke.