Re: [squid-users] Display Squid Errors on browsers in transparent mode

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 14:21:45 +1300

On 27/11/2011 6:33 a.m., David Touzeau wrote:
> I think is normal but is there any tips/tweaks in order to display SQUID
> pages error when using squid in transparent mode.
>

> When connecting directly to the port, the error is correctly generated
> by Squid
>
> When using the transparent mode only the browser display errors.
>
> Best regards.

Please avoid the fuzzy word "transparent". By itself the word is too
fuzzy to convey much meaning. There are a many modes which are all
called "transparent [something]" and doing very, very different things...

Authentication replies (including transparent authentication) always
supply Squid error page. The browser choice to use transparent
authentication instead of popups prevents it being shown. There is
nothing you can do about this browser feature except use web-form based
authentication.

None of the other "transparent" modes currently supported by Squid has
anything particularly to do with error pages display, you configure
error page reply bodies with deny_info the same way as with regular traffic.

For any further help, you will need to supply some details about which
"transparent" you are talking, and what errors are happening that you
want to avoid. Probably what configuration you are using as well.

Amos