Re: [squid-users] Proxy authentication and NTLMv2

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 01:46:07 +1300

On 29/11/2011 10:30 p.m., a bv wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to enable proxy authention on squid and want only ntlmv2
> authentication done. I guess i have to edit samba.conf file for
> supporting (only) samba.conf, am i right? What entries must i put on
> it? what i have to the with squid itself?
>
> Regards

NTLMv2 is an issue between the Client and AD.

All Squid does is pass HTTP header values to a helper (ntlm_auth by the
Samba project usually) which decodes and hands the resulting binary
tokens to AD for a yes/no validity check.

You can find configuration examples (all NTLM types are done the same)
in the squid.conf documentation or the
wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples, or numerous online tutorials.

Amos