Re: [squid-users] Content Filtering

From: GravyFace <gravyface_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 13:28:10 -0500

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 11:21 AM, Roman Gelfand <rgelfand2_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Can somebody recommend an opensource content filtering software that
> works with SQUID.
>
> What I mean by content filtering is...
>
> 1. Block pages based on words or word patterns like regular expressions.
> 2. Block pages based on type image, etc...
>
> Thanks in advance

With proper egress filtering, you can use Open DNS as your recursive
DNS servers. Unfortunately they seemed to have pulled the plug on
business use so you'd need to create a "home" account in order to take
advantage of their categorization-based filtering as well as their
fuzzy matching; don't think it's regex capable though, but the
categorization is pretty solid so you may not need to create
"*.facebook.com" -- instead, just check off "social networking".