[squid-users] Problem with multiple ICAP services

From: James <xhvsvrdk2c_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 14:45:05 +1100

Hi,

I'm having some trouble with enabling multiple ICAP services to work with Squid.

Squid version is 3.2.0.13, on CentOS 6 (x86_64).

squid.conf

icap_enable on
icap_preview_enable on
icap_preview_size 1024
icap_send_client_ip on
icap_service icap1_req reqmod_precache bypass=on routing=on
icap://127.0.0.1:1344/reqmod
icap_service icap1_resp respmod_precache bypass=on routing=on
icap://127.0.0.1:1344/respmod
icap_service icap2_req reqmod_precache bypass=on routing=on
icap://127.0.0.1:1345/reqmod
icap_service icap2_resp respmod_precache bypass=on routing=on
icap://127.0.0.1:1345/respmod
icap_service icap3_req reqmod_precache bypass=on routing=on
icap://127.0.0.1:1346/reqmod
icap_service icap3_resp respmod_precache bypass=on routing=on
icap://127.0.0.1:1346/respmod
adaptation_service_chain icap_req_chain icap1_req icap2_req icap3_req
adaptation_access icap_req_chain allow all
adaptation_service_chain icap_resp_chain icap1_resp icap2_resp icap3_resp
adaptation_access icap_resp_chain allow all

All respmod ones are working fine, but depending on the order of the
ICAP services listed on icap_req_chain chain, I can only get 1 or 2
ICAP reqmod services working. For the ones that doesn't work,
following errors are shown in the logs.

suspending ICAP service for too many failures
optional ICAP service is suspended: icap://127.0.0.1:1344/reqmod
[down,susp,fail11]

However, if I enable the failed ICAP service alone in the
icap_req_chain chain, it works fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could try next?