Re: [squid-users] Can't make Squid 3.2 work as Interception proxy

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 01:38:20 +1300

On 1/12/2011 12:35 a.m., Nguyen Hai Nam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just installed Squid 3.2 on OpenIndiana 151a server. I have to
> build squid 3.2 because I can't build squid 3.1.
>
> I decide to install transparent/interception proxy:
>
> # ./configure --prefix=/usr/squid --enable-ipf-transparent
>
> # make
>
> # make install
>
> Modify in squid.conf with these settings
>
> http_port 3129 intercept
>
> and start squid:
>
> # /usr/squid/sbin/squid
>
> Squid listen to tcp port 3129 as well (checked via netstat command)
>
> Next phase, I start ipfilter service and add redirect direction to
> squid port
>
> rdr iprb0 0.0.0.0/0 port 80 -> 10.2.176.31 port 3129 tcp
>
> Then test it, but can't open any web page. Check IPfilter with ipnat
> -l command, and everthing was redirected as well; then check squid.
>
> By add proxy setting on browser's Network connections to squid IP and
> port, but can't open anything too.
>
> I've spent hours to google but still have no clue about this kind. If
> anyone has idea please let me know; I highly appreciate.
>
> Thanks,
> Neddie

NP: the whole NAT system underwent an upgrade in 3.1. Portions of it
have not had much testing yet because nobody with non-Linux seems
interested or able to assist with the deep investigations needed.

For starters, I need to know how the IPs can be retrieved by Squid from
the NAT data. The current IPF implementation uses ioctl() APIs in the
kernel.

Amos