Re: [squid-users] how to convert incoming url requests from users to hashed format?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 22:06:42 +1300

On 1/12/2011 12:44 a.m., Yavuz Maşlak wrote:
> I use squid proxy server.
>
> I have a url blacklist which is in sha1 format.
>
> I wanna convert url requests incoming by users into sha1 algorithm in order
> to compare the list.
>
> How can I do that ?
>
> is there a third party tool that will run as addon onto squid about that ?

This is very a abnormal requirement, so there is no easy way built into
Squid.

There are two options available to you.

  * You can write an ACL test for Squid-3 very easily and do a local
Squid build to use it.
   - gain in processing speed, lose in time creating and managing the
ACL patch.

* You can write an script to plug into the external_acl_type interface
for Squid ACLs.
  - gain in creation time, lose in processing speed.

Are you able to explain why the list is in SHA1 in the first place?
(just to satisfy my curiosity about this).

Amos