Re: [squid-users] How to set the IP of the real originator in HTTP requests (instead of Squid's IP)?

From: Leonardo <leonardodiserpierodavinci_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 11:26:40 +0100

Thanks LR and AJ for your answers.

As far as I understand, I can use the tcp_outgoing_address directive
to explicitly specify a different outgoing address for each client
subnet.
However, what if I would like that the Cisco ASA sees directly the
private IP address of the requesting client (kind of having a
super-transparent Squid)? I understand this may require some hack, as
at the network layer it *is* the Squid which handles the HTTP
connections, but would it be possible?

Best regards,

L.