[squid-users] Make Squid in interception mode completely

From: Nguyen Hai Nam <nam.nh_at_nd24.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 13:34:47 +0700

Hi,

As last time I had a squid box working in interception mode as well:
  traffic was redirected from default gateway to squid box, then IP-filter
  will NAT to intercepting squid. Look like this:

INTERNET Router

  Switch----Default gateway
    | \
    | \
    | + Squid box

   LAN

But I'm thinking that I don't have access to default gateway router to
modify http traffic to squid, so I do add one more NIC to squid box and
  change topo to this:

INTERNET Router

    |eth1
  Squid
    |eth0

  Switch----Default gateway

   LAN

I've just tried to do so, but the traffic passed through and don't come
  to Squid. So the box is like a switch only. How can I do to make sure
  http traffic always comes to squid?

Perhaps my question doesn't really relate to Squid, but it's great
     to hear from your opinions.

     Thanks and best regards,

     ~ Neddie