Re: [squid-users] Re: Connection time error and reach problem to a special web site

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 01:25:03 +1300

On 7/12/2011 10:34 p.m., a bv wrote:
> also at the same enviroment through an other proxy i can access the same site
>
> 2011/12/7 a bv:
>> Hi,
>>
>> A client has reported that when he tries to connect to an https site
>> it gives the below error. I tried once to reach the site without
>> using proxy and i reached the site. So how can resolve the below
>> issue?
>>
>> Regards
>>

>> Connection timed outThe remote host or network may be down. Please try
>> the request again.
>> Your cache administrator is root

So...
  Squid accepted the request and opened a TCP connection. Which timed
out before the other end accepted it.
  But using another machine with unknown differences in network topology
works fine.

Can you yourself answer the question based on that info alone? (you
expect us to)

Please help us to help you:
  What does the problem look like to you?
  What further info can you find to identify why the other end is not
reponding to SYN packets? or why the response packets are not arriving
if it is?
  What further info can you find to identify where the "other end" is?
  What version(s) of Squid are actually involved?

Amos