Re: [squid-users] Problem compiling Squid 3.1.18 on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS - store.cc

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 00:23:04 +1300

On 9/12/2011 9:19 p.m., Justin Lawler wrote:
> Hi Amos,
>
> Is there a beta testing process where we can be notified before a release is planned - so we can do some pre-release testing on these patches?
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Justin

Notifications are processed through bugzilla. With "applied to squid-X"
updates going out to everyone subscribed to the relevant bug. At that
time or shortly after the patch is available on the changesets page. For
changes and fixes without specific bugs there is no explicit
notifications, usually just feedback to the discussion thread which
brought it to our attention for fixing.

Pre-release snapshots of everything (tarballs, checkpoints, dailies,
nightlies, bundles, whatever you call them) are released for testing on
a daily basis provided they build on a test machine. Those who want to
beta-test everything on an ongoing basis usually rsync the sources or
follow the series bzr branch then create bug reports of issues found
there. The reports prevent me thinking the state is stable enough to tag
the snapshot revision for release and creates a point for notifications
back to the tester when fixed.

HTH
AYJ