[squid-users] Squid 3.2 overload

From: Nguyen Hai Nam <nam.nh_at_nd24.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 12:55:06 +0700

Hi,

I've deployed a squid box 3.2.0.13 for one branch office, there are 10
users there. It's a small office then I think to use an old computer
Pentium 4 2.4Ghz is enough; and the configuration is intercepting squid
proxy.

The current issue in there is: when someone open a few websites that has
many flash ads banners or videos, squid process hold 99% CPU load until
I kill it and reload squid. The memory usage at that moment is at least
30% free. when looking to logs I don't know what caused this issue, and
have to kill squid process every times it makes CPU full load. I'll very
appreciate if you guys have any clues for this.

Thanks,
~ Neddie