Re: [squid-users] integrating with wlc

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 15:57:42 +0100

tis 2011-12-20 klockan 15:37 +0100 skrev Sean Boran:
> It might be possible to sent the WLC logs to a syslog server, where
> one could pipe into a parser to extract the pairs needed and front
> there create an ACL for squid?

As soon as you from the Squid server somehow can query "who is the user
at IP X" then you can plug this into Squid via external_acl_type,
providing the username to Squid for usage in logs and access controls.

Squid do not care how you do this. All Squid cares about in this context
is being able to query "I have ip X, who is the user?"

Regards
Henirk