Re: [squid-users] After reloading squid3, takes about 2 minutes to serve pages?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 13:12:24 +1300

On 21/12/2011 4:48 a.m., Terry Dobbs wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> After looking into it more, it appears squidGuard seems to be taking a
> while to initialize the blacklists. The only reason I have to reload
> squid3 is for squidGuard to recognize the new blacklist entries.
>
> I am using Berkley DB for the first time, perhaps that's why it takes
> longer? Although, I don't really see what Berkley DB is doing for me as
> I am still using flat files for my domains/urls? Guess I should take
> this to the squidGuard list!

If you are using 3.2.0.14 or later you could try loading the blacklists
straight into Squid ACLs please?

Marcus Kool, the author of ufdbGuard, has contributed back to Squid
several optimizations which apparenty cut down the regex overheads by a
few tens of CPU percentage points. But we have not exactly tested with
the large blacklists people are using squidGuard to optimize. So some
feedback on how that goes would be very useful.

Amos