RE: [squid-users] After reloading squid3, takes about 2 minutes to serve pages?

From: Jenny Lee <bodycare_5_at_live.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 18:44:03 +0000

> From: henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net
> To: tdobbs_at_associatedbrands.com
> CC: squid-users_at_squid-cache.org
> Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 19:36:51 +0100
> Subject: RE: [squid-users] After reloading squid3, takes about 2 minutes to serve pages?
>
> tis 2011-12-20 klockan 10:48 -0500 skrev Terry Dobbs:
>
> > I am using Berkley DB for the first time, perhaps that's why it takes
> > longer? Although, I don't really see what Berkley DB is doing for me as
> > I am still using flat files for my domains/urls? Guess I should take
> > this to the squidGuard list!
>
> Please generate the DB files "offline" after updating the blacklist,
> then issue a "squid -k rotate" to have Squid restart the helpers.
>
> squidGuard starts very quick if the databases have been properly
> populated already, but will take a very long time to start up if not.
>
> Regards
> Henrik

Not related to squidguard but I thought I can chime in.

There are problems with squid's reconfigures on 3.2.0.9 onwards.

It takes me a minute and half to reach full load when squid doing 100 req/sec is sent a reconfigure. Squid barely serves anything during this time (but it is functional). All my timeouts are low. It was not like this on 3.2.0.1.

Jenny