Re: [squid-users] Ldap secure user-authentication

From: FredB <fredbmail_at_free.fr>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 10:45:10 +0100 (CET)

> In order to move to the more secure auth methods usually requires a
> config setting in the LDAP to enable support for secure
> authentication
> tokens instead of a password. If you are lucky the LDAP server
> already
> has that turned on and you only need to add other authentication LDAP
> helpers to Squid.
>
> Amos

Thanks Amos, now I think Digest is the better way for me

I read http://wiki.squid-cache.org/KnowledgeBase/LdapBackedDigestAuthentication but I'm not familiar with Ldap so I'm a little lost and need an advise.

Actually auth works without problem with this

auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid/squid_ldap_auth -b ou=People,dc=ldap,dc=web -h 192.168.2.1:389
auth_param basic children 100 startup=50 idle=20

I tried some squid digest syntax without success, How I can validate the Ldap config setting with digest_ldap_auth ?