[squid-users] Squid Forbidden error for some websites

From: Muhammed Sameer <samix_119_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 01:58:15 -0800 (PST)

Hey,

I installed and configured squid 2.6 stable, everything was working fine till my users started complaining of forbidden errors on certain websites

The exact error that was reported was

<s>
Forbidden

Additionally, A 500 Internal Server error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
</s>

After some tcpdumping, it became clear that those websites require HTTP/1.0 and squid 2.6 sends HTTP/1.0 headers. The only way to fix this for me was to upgrade to 2.7 and enable the server_http11 option on.

I am sure about this issue being caused due to this issue, because on 2.7 if I disable server_http11 I again get the forbidden message and turning it on allows the website to load normally.

Regards,
Muhammed Sameer