Re: [squid-users] Unable to resolve internally w/ Squid

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ec.hadorhabaac.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 02:51:37 +0200

On 06/01/2012 01:48, berry guru wrote:
> I'm running Squid 2.7(stable) on Ubuntu 11.10. I'm having some
> trouble with internal DNS. For some reason I get the following error:
>
> ERROR
> The requested URL could not be retrieved.
> Unable to determine IP address from hose name "server name goes here"
> The DNS returned:
> Server Failure: The anem server was unable to process this query.
>
> I've added dns_nameservers 192.168.100.237 which is my DNS server in
> the squid.conf. I can resolve externally and get out to the Internet
> just fine.
>
> Am I missing a configuration somewhere?
seen your post here and also on ubuntu server forum:
where did you added the dns name server at? client? server?
if it's saying it couldn't resolbe ip address it can be caused by config
or other options.
try squid3 and not the old 2.7
make sure that when are doing nslookup on the sever you are getting a
result..
add some more info on the server.
is this an intranet or internet server?

try this:
add a debug_options directive to get more info and look at these pages
to get some more debuging options
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.HEAD/cfgman/debug_options.html
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/KnowledgeBase/DebugSections

i think that if you will use:
debug_options ALL,0,1,34,78

it will give info on the dns resolving issue.

Regards
Eliezer