Re: [squid-users] do store.log SWAPOUT entries indicate comprehensive list of cached urls?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2012 18:28:21 +1300

On 7/01/2012 4:25 p.m., Saiteja Peddinti wrote:
> I had one confusion with store.log entries - Whenever a url is cached, does squid immediately write the object to disk and make a swapout entry in the store.log?
>
> For my project I need to calculate MD5 hashes of url contents, for urls that are cached by squid. I was thinking of reading urls from store.log and querying them with my client. My client would then compute hash and store the results. Since I would make just one query for every cached url, I was assuming that the additional load might be less. Is there any other efficient way to achieve what I want to do?

I think you should contact Alex, (rousskov at measurement-factory.com)
about the MD5 hashing. He has been working on a project to calculate and
exchange object Digests for URL de-duplication on slow network links. It
also requires this type of hash calculation and AFAIK he has already
worked out how to do this efficiently inside Squid.

Amos