Re: [squid-users] Active Directory Integrated Squid Proxy Guide

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 15:53:46 +1300

On 11.01.2012 15:18, James Robertson wrote:
>> I forgot to mention that I'm running Server 2008 R2 domain
>> controllers.  Secondly, when I do a 'locate PROXY.keytab' I can't
>> find
>> it which should be in the squid correctly if I'm not mistaken.
>
> You may need to run "updatedb" to update the index before running the
> find command.
>
>>> I'm currently running Squid 2.7 (I'm a little afraid to do the
>>> upgrade
>>> and mess something up, and don't know how yet) but in the config
>>> line

The same caveats apply as for multi-instance installations. Keep the
port, cache_dir etc. separated.

The Debian packages are named differently so you can install them side
by side and take care of most of the problems related to default
locations and helpers for you.

I have not done it myself, so watch the install options apt give you to
ensure its not removing one during install of the other

HTH
Amos