Re: [squid-users] squid 3.1.x with IIS SharePoint as back-end.

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 01:23:40 +1300

On 11/01/2012 8:46 p.m., kimi ge(巍俊葛) wrote:
> Thanks Amos.
>
> I did the lynx test on back-end web site on squid system like this:
> sudo lynx http://wtestsm1.asiapacific.hpqcorp.net
>
> First, it show the message:
> Alert!: Invalid header 'WWW-Authenticate: NTLM'
>
> Then it show the following message.
> Show the 401 message body? (y/n)

Aha. NTLM authentication. Very probaby that login=PASS then.

> For the domain auth, I mean the back-end web site need corp domain
> user to be accessed.
> I put this in this way, if I log on with my corp domain on my laptop,
> then I could acces IIS Share Point without any credentials window pop
> up. If not, I have to input my domain account on credentials window to
> access the Share Point Site.
>

> The following is my squid configuration about this case which I ignore
> some default sections.
> #added by kimi
> acl hpnet src 16.0.0.0/8 # RFC1918 possible internal network
> #added by kimi
> acl origin_servers dstdomain ids-ams.elabs.eds.com
> http_access allow origin_servers
> http_access allow hpnet
>
> http_port 192.85.142.88:80 accel defaultsite=ids-ams.elabs.eds.com
> connection-auth=on
>
> forwarded_for on
>
> request_header_access WWW-Authenticate allow all

This is not needed. The Squid default is to relay www-auth headers
through. www-authenticate is a reply header anyway, to inform the client
agent what types of auth it can use.

> cache_peer wtestsm1.asiapacific.hpqcorp.net parent 80 0 no-query
> no-digest originserver name=main connection-auth=on login=PASS

"connection-auth=on" should be enough. Try without login=PASS.

> cache_peer_domain main .elabs.eds.com
>
> hierarchy_stoplist cgi-bin ?
>
> coredump_dir /var/spool/squid
>
> # Add any of your own refresh_pattern entries above these.
> refresh_pattern ^ftp: 1440 20% 10080
> refresh_pattern ^gopher: 1440 0% 1440
> refresh_pattern -i (/cgi-bin/|\?) 0 0% 0
> refresh_pattern . 0 20% 4320
>
> cache_dir aufs /data/squid/cache 12000 64 256
> cache_mem 1024 MB
> maximum_object_size_in_memory 1024 KB
> maximum_object_size 51200 KB
>
> visible_hostname ids-ams.elabs.eds.com
> debug_options ALL,5
> http_access deny all
>
> While let squid be running, I do test like this
> http://ids-ams.elabs.eds.com
>
> The 404 error page is shown.

Okay. Which error page? Squid sends three different ones with that
status code. Invalid request or Invalid URL or something else?

> That's why I am wondering squid could be as reverse-proxy with IIS
> SharePoint as back-end?

It can be. There is normally no trouble. But the newer features MS have
been adding for IPv6 and cloud support recently are not widely tested yet.

Amos