Re: [squid-users] Active Directory and user agents - complete ISA replacement

From: James Robertson <j_at_mesrobertson.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 20:00:17 +1100

> When I try to use Opera browser I am getting ugly message after
> entering credentials:
>
> authenticateNegotiateHandleReply: Error validating user via Negotiate.
> Error returned 'BH received type 1 NTLM token'

Opera does not support Kerberos as far as I know. You will still
need to support NTLM. you will have issues with iTunes and possibly
various other apps as that need NTLM support.

> Is there any "universal", well tested configuration/manual that will
> make all clients work?

I just completed a guide based on Debian that supports Kerberos, NTLM
and basic auth and was planning on updating the Squid Wiki also
sometime soon. You should be able to translate that to your RH.

HTH.

http://wiki.bitbinary.com/index.php/Active_Directory_Integrated_Squid_Proxy