[squid-users] Integrated Windows Authentication through Squid

From: Javier Conti <javier.conti_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 16:41:38 +0100

Hi list,

I'm trying to setup access to several internal websites that use
Integrated Windows Authentication in a Windows XP/7/2008
environment through Squid 3.1.12. I successfully setup Squid
to authenticate users using Kerberos or NTLM. With Internet
Explorer and Firefox, users successfully authenticate to squid
and get access to all websites (those without Integrated
Windows Authentication actually work fine).

However, all websites using Integrated Windows Authentication
respond with a 401.1 Access Denied error, as it seems the
request reaches the web server without information about the
user's credential. Accessing those websites directly, works fine.

I still don't fully understand how Integrated Windows Authentication
really works, but is anyone successfully using it through a proxy?
Any hints or links to documentation on how it should work in detail?

Thanks, Javier