Re: [squid-users] Squid and ftp

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 14:56:20 +1300

On 17.01.2012 08:18, Olivier CALVANO wrote:
> Hi
>
> We have a big problems. We have two proxy :
>
> One in 3.0.STABLE7
> and the second in 3.1.4

Both of these are very old. You might have better success with the
current 3.1 release.

> My users want access to a ftp:
> ftp://test:test@ftp.url.com/download/document.doc
>

> on the first proxy, in 3.0.STABLE7, that's work without problems.
>
> on the second, that's don't work, we have a error "Delais de lecture
> depassé" (Delay reading exceeded)
> and the configuration are exaclty the same.
>
> Where i can debug this ?

The FTP protocol chatter is displayed with "debug_options 9,2", I
expect that to show the error is coming back from the FTP server. Other
more detailed FTP handling can be seen by raising the 2 value.

Looks like the problem others have reported. If the FTP server supports
anonymous *and* login access to the same resources it tries the
anonymous first and ignores the credentials for some reason.

Amos