[squid-users] Problems with Internet Download Manager and Squid 2.7 Stable 9

From: Saiful Alam <saifulmr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 05:16:27 +1100

Hi,
I am using Squid 2.7 Stable on Ubuntu 10.10 x64

Files like
 mp3 which have a refresh_pattern defined, and downloaded within the
browser download manager is cached, but if I download the file with
Internet Download Manager 6.05, the file is not cached. Note that IDM by
 default uses 8 connections to download a single file. Again, if I
reduce the default connection number to 1, and try to download again
with IDM, then the file is cached instantly.

Most users in our
network have IDM as their primary download manager, and if we can't
cache objects downloaded with IDM, then :((((((((((((((((

Any help or ideas are welcomed.

Regards,
Saiful