Re: [squid-users] Problem in squid 3.1.4

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 15:18:23 +1300

On 25.01.2012 13:24, JoĆ£o Paulo Ferreira wrote:
> Hello
>
> Sorry my English is not the same as good.
>
> I have installed in my company with Squid 3.1.4 (Winbind, Samba,
> Kerberos),
> but I have noticed the following message in the file caches.log
> *
> got NTLMSSP command 3, expected 1*

This is a message NTLM helpers often produce when trying to handle
Kerberos packets.

Without seeing the squid.conf auth_param settings you used it is hard
to be sure.
But I think you used Samba ntlm_auth and forgot the SPNEGO parameter to
change it from NTLM to Negotiate auth protocol.
   ntlm_auth --helper-format=gss-spnego

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/manpages-3/ntlm_auth.1.html

If that does not work use the squid_kerb_auth helper to perform
Negotiate/Kerberos.

PS. please also update to a more recent squid. 3.1.16 or later work a
lot better with NTLM.

Amos