[squid-users] Intercept requests and send to a different URL

From: Carter, David <dcarter_at_ddcadvocacy.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 13:00:37 -0500

I looked in the FAQ, but I'm sure even what to call what I'm looking for. I saw entries about redirects, but I don't see how to apply them to what I need. I want to use Squid to intercept requests from internal test machines and be able to point them to a particular batch of servers for testing. For example, redirect requests for https://abc.com to https://qa.abc.com, or dev.abc.com, or staging.abc.com, as needed, but so the browser still thinks it's hitting abc.com so that SSL and all other functionality works correctly. The sites are all behind a load-balancer which will allow me to apply the same certificate to the test servers.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Dave

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATION
The information contained in this communication is confidential and/or privileged, proprietary information that is transmitted solely for the purpose of the intended recipient(s). If the reader of this message is not an intended recipient, or if this message has been inadvertently directed to your attention, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication and any attached document(s) in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and destroy all copies of the original communication.