Re: [squid-users] Unable to access IIS site through squid3

From: Fredrik Eriksson <fredrik.eriksson_at_axis.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 15:55:24 +0100

Hi,

I just wanted to follow up on this one.

We ran into other issues that required a local backport of the squid3
package anyway, so I took the opportunity to build a package without IPv6
support (--disable-ipv6). Also, IPv6 support is switched off on the squid
server itself.

On 12/01/2011 01:13 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> I hate to say this, but if all else fails you will probably need to
> --disable-ipv6 in Squid to get back to the IPv4-ony behaviour Squid-2
> had. That wont exactly solve the problem, but should avoid it.

Unfortunately, this didn't work. I get the same incorrect checksums from
the squid server as earlier. We have no iptables, or similar, at this
server.

> FWIW I'm running the Wheezy kernels here with no such problems.

I take it you managed to access both hts.usitc.com and www.usitc.com and
that there was no packet with an incorrect checksum being sent from the
squid box. I've tried stable, backports and testing kernels, with IPv4
turned off, together with --disable-ipv6 built squid3, without success.

At our end, we have now chosen to drop this, as it only concerns two sub
sites of .usitc.com (others seem to work fine) of all the sites that are
visited by over a thousand users daily. We'll instruct our concerned users
to access the site from home or something.

--
Fredrik