[squid-users] NTLM with a fall back to anonymous

From: Jason Fitzpatrick <jayfitzpatrick_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 11:30:56 +0000

Morning all..

I have a requirement to have my squid servers authenticate users
before forwarding requests to an upstream server which does content
filtering based on the X-Forwarded headers in the requests and all
seems to be working quite well so far, (internal traffic is routed via
the squids without the need to authenticate)

I do have one issue though, clients that are unable to authenticate
(windows update / Java updates etc) and want to set up the system so
that it will attempt to authenticate the user, and if the
authentication fails the request is routed regardless

Is such a thing possible? I have tried all sorts of configurations but
the logic to the rules still escapes me!

Thanks for any suggestions

Jay

--
"The only difference between saints and sinners is that every saint
has a past while every sinner has a future. "