Re: [squid-users] error processing the URL

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2012 22:35:33 +0100

mån 2012-01-30 klockan 19:10 -0300 skrev Martin Nigoul:
> As we try to retrieve those files through our proxy we recive
> "An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please
> contact the system administrator."
> If we configure one of our cache_peer parents as the proxy for the
> browsers the file is downloaded
> whithout problem.

A guess is that the site is using session cookies with embedded source
IP information.

Try setting "prefer_direct off" in squid.conf. This will make it more
insisting in using parents even when doing so makes no sense from a
caching perspective.

You can also use never_direct to force Squid hard to go via peers. And
cache_peer_access to limit which peers. Both these allows you to tune
for this site only if you like.

Alternatively try using always_direct for the site to not go via peers
at all, which also accomplishes the same goal of having a single source
IP for the session.