[squid-users] Question about Parent Cache

From: someone <mrnicholsb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 23:13:58 -0800

Ok im running squid 3.16 on debian, and I have my proxy configured for a
parent cache thats upstream, well, What I have discovered is that my
local squid NEVER serves cache when its configured for parent cache,
only advantage im getting is from the upstream squid which serves cache
fine, so, my point is, its pretty much pointless to have a squid cache
down here configured for a parent cache, when the parent cache is the
only one serving up cache.

Sort of makes the whole deal pointless. Might as well just illiminate my
local cache and configure my firewall rules to just use the upstream
cache. Anything im missing here?