Re: [squid-users] poor mans load balancing

From: Carsten Ralle <cr_at_i4yoo.de>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 12:33:09 +0100

>> we run a special installation using three DSL lines in parallel using
>> the following layout with two squid servers
>> Is there a configuration (preferably without ICP) to transparently use
>> all three lines in parallel for a connection (e.g. HTTP/FTP-download or
>> data streaming) ?
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/AclRandom
Amos, thanks for pointing me to your feature.

May be I got this wrong, but as far as I understand the feature, it
"only" changes traffic from a cache to the upper next parent cache.

What I was looking for is a "line sharing" the other way around
(downstream traffic):

  client -> Cache1 -> line -> Cache2 -> Webserver (>Request)
         <- Cache1 <- lines <- Cache2 <------' (<Reply)
                       ^

                line sharing needed

Did I get this right or is there a way to configure Cache2 to use
separate lines for downstream traffic using your random ACLs ?

Carsten

Yoo GmbH                       Tel.: 037328 809 40
Zellwaldring 51                Fax : 037328 809 96
D-09603 Grossvoigtsberg
Germany                             www.yoogmbh.de
Registereintrag: Amtsgericht Chemnitz, HRB 181 852
Geschäftsführung: Carsten Ralle