Re: [squid-users] Squid 2.7.STABLE9 suddenly fails to run

From: SB Tech <sirgadabout1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 21:53:48 +0000

> the "squid[1551]: storeDirOpenTmpSwapLog: Failed to open swap log"
> error still exists, and is fatal. This is the unprivileged user
> spawned by the root process that is run at boot.
>
> The low-privileged effective user is the default, "proxy". Here's an
> accurate representation of my cache/logs file stucture:
> /media/sdcard root:root 777
> ../squid proxy:proxy 770
> ../../00 through 0F proxy:proxy 750
> ../../swap.state proxy:proxy 640
> ../../logs proxy:proxy 775
> ../../../*.log proxy:proxy 640
> Interestingly, swap.state is back even though I deleted it during
> troubleshooting, so Squid can clearly r/w here just fine.
> For completeness, my cache_dir is set as follows:
> cache_dir ufs /media/sdcard/squid 800 16 256
> Logs:
> access_log none
> cache_log /media/sdcard/squid/logs/cache.log
> cache_store_log /media/sdcard/squid/logs/store.log
> I really can't see anything wrong with my permissions. What am I missing?
> Thanks.

I note it's actually looking for "TmpSwapLog" - is there somewhere
else I should be looking for this permissions issue (if that's what
this is) than the swap.state file?

I really could use some further advice here. Not having made any
deliberate changes to anything Squid-related prior to this fatal error
appearing, I'm stuck as to where to look for answers.

S.