Re: [squid-users] Huge Installation

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 12:00:57 +1300

On 14.02.2012 09:05, Rafael Gomes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I will need install a huge squid installation to 20k users.
>
> Is there any squid installation with more users installed yet?

The ones willing to publicise it are all revers-proxy installations...
http://www.squid-cache.org/Library/

There are plenty if ISP which are not a publicly visible though.

The key thing to remember is that user count *does not matter*. What
does matter is request/second traffic loading. Everything that matters
derives from the amount of work Squid must do while processing one
request and whether the CPU/RAM/IO resources are available to do that
work.

> Can you please advice me some doc to read before try this
> installation?

Many previous threads in the archives of this list about the same
topic.

Amos