Re: [squid-users] Email , VOIP , RDP with SQUID

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 11:00:56 +1300

On 17/02/2012 12:45 a.m., Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:
> hello all,
>
> I need to enable Email , Voice over ip , Microsof Remote Desktop and
> other software to communicate with target machine. i know squid can
> not do that. but we can achieve that via iptables. i have found few
> solutions on internet but didn't cope up with our need.
> just want to share my experience with consolidated squid firewalls, that

By "consolidated squid firewalls " did you mean security systems which
include both firewall software and Squid as sub-sections of the overall
system?

> as i experienced in past with a firewall called IPCOP, that when i
> started using Iptable it bypasses every squid rules so i don't want
> that therefore kindly advice me set of script that didn't bypass the
> squid and also help me to open these port
>
> except all ports, should be blocked.

Squid and firewall are very different things. Your question is very much
like asking the office cleaner how to fix the printers (they might know,
but its not in the job training).

The Squid project does not provide resources on how to setup general
security systems, or how to manage firewalls. The squid wiki
(wiki.squid-cache.org) contains some small documentation on firewall
rules Squid requires for certain features. That is all. Please locate
the documentatiuon for your chosen firewall or security product on how
to configure it properly.

Amos