Re: [squid-users] problem with auth_ntlm and javascript

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 21:10:08 +1300

On 17/02/2012 12:05 a.m., Esteban Torres Rodríguez wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> We have a problem with firefox, auth_ntlm and javascript. Our squid
> server autenticate with AD through ntlm for Single Sign On. There is
> no problem when we use IE, but when we use Firefox and the web page
> requires Javascript, the client asks for the user/password for each
> javascript component that the web page uses. If we disable Javascript
> in firefox, works ok.
>
> We know that it's not a squid problem, but I was wondering if someone
> had the same problem.

Why do you ask here then? the Firefox forums would seem to be more help.

There is no reason for the browser to ask for your proxy password more
than once (right after you first start it up). With NTLM even that once
is a sign of problems in the setup. It should be locating the user
credentials used to login to the machine and sending those out into the
network (that is the meaning of the term SSO. If the idea of that
horrifies you, dont use SSO).

Amos