Re: [squid-users] ACL

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 17:57:43 +1300

On 18/02/2012 8:12 a.m., Carlos Manuel Trepeu Pupo wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I want to block:
> http://*.google.com.cu
>
> but allow:
> http://www.google.com.cu/custom*
>
> I mean deny all the subdomain of google.com.cu except all the URL that
> contain the line below
>
> I have Ubuntu with Squid 3.0 STABLE1 with this conf:
>
> acl deny_google dstdom_regex -i google.com

The ACL to use here is dstdomain. As in:
   acl deny_google dstdomain .google.com.cu

> acl allow_google urlpath_regex -i www.google.com.cu/custom

The ACL to use here is url_regex. As in:
   acl allow_google urlpath_regex ^/custom

> http_access allow allow_google
> http_access deny deny_google

With the above changes to ACLs that should work.

There is one further alteration you can make to improve performance.
"avoid regex whenever possible" by do this:
   http_access deny deny_google !allow_google

PS. Your ACL names could do with a bit of improvement to make the access
lines easier to understand.
You may want to allow google access to some users later. At which point
you will find yourself creating:
    http_access allow deny_google ...

Amos