Re: [squid-users] Squid reverse proxy configuration

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 23:05:36 +1300

On 24/02/2012 11:35 a.m., Alex Barakov wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I want to set squid as a proxy server to my webserver
>
> I am using squid with the following config:
> http_port 80 accel defaultsite=domain.com vhost
> cache_peer IPADDRESS parent 80 0 no-query originserver name=myAccel
> acl our_sites dstdomain domain.com
> http_access allow our_sites
> cache_peer_access myAccel allow our_sites
> cache_peer_access myAccel deny all
>
> I am getting the following error:
>
> Service Unavailable
>
> The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

The configuration is correct for http://domain.com/. (You work for
Dotster Incorporated?)

What URL domain name were you testing it with?

Probably you were using www.* form of the domain. Your dstdomain ACL is
written not to accept any sub-domains. Maybe you wanted ".domain.com" to
accept all sub-domains or to list the specific valid ones like
"www.domain.com" alongside the main domain.

Amos