Re: [squid-users] New Hungarian translation of the error messages

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 17:00:43 +1300

On 24/02/2012 4:51 a.m., Gergely Kiss wrote:
> Dear Developers and Users,
>
> I noticed that the Hungarian error page translations are incomplete,
> most of the pages are only half-translated and the translated strings
> are hard to understand for an average user. As a little bit of
> contribution, I created a new translation which is complete, more
> accurate and easier to understand even for inexperienced users.
>
> You may find the files in the TGZ file attached.
>
> If you find my contribution useful, feel free to merge the files into
> the source code.
>

> Regards,
> Gergely Kiss

Thanks for the interest in this language. It is incomplete due to lack
of a volunteer to check and approve suggested text changes.

The Squid project uses an automated system for translations, (see
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Translations). I will make an attempt soon
to convert these templates into it. But can only go so far as to insert
them as new suggestions, waiting for a moderator to check they converted
right and approve them.

If you are interested and able to spare some time to be that moderator.
Please register with the translation system as described in
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Translations/Basics and send me an email
with your chosen login name, describing any experience you have with
translating, and whether you want to continue long term or just for the
time to catch up on the waiting tasks.
Workload is a day or so up front to get things up-to-date, then a few
minutes a month to cross-check new suggestions and source code changes.
There are no time constraints or deadlines, changes are published daily
in the langpack rolling release.

Amos