Re: [squid-users] Reverse Proxy Encrypting HTTP Site

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 16:29:47 +1300

On 28.02.2012 11:16, Roman Gelfand wrote:
> Is there a facility on squid server that would allow me to publish a
> http site as https?
>
> If yes, could you provide sample config.
>
> Thanks in advance

Proxying involves two connections. One between the Client<->Proxy, and
one between the Proxy<->Server. In HTTP there is only a loose
relationship between the two.

So yes, you can have HTTP over TLS/SSL (port 443) on one side and plain
HTTP (port 80) on the other. In any combination.

In Squid you configure the type of linkage squid<->server using
cache_peer directive, and the linkage client<->squid as HTTPS using
https_port directive (note the 's' on that name matches https:// URI).
   You can find some reverse-proxy configuration examples at
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples and documentation of the port
options at http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/http_port/

Amos