Re: [squid-users] ./configure with TProxy

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 23:52:50 +1300

On 28/02/2012 11:17 p.m., cc wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting:
>
> configure:26480: WARNING: Missing needed capabilities (libcap or
> libcap2) for TPROXY
> configure:26482: WARNING: Linux Transparent Proxy support WILL NOT be
> enabled
> configure:26484: WARNING: Reduced support to Interception Proxy
>
> when I ./configure --prefix=/usr/squid --enable-linux-tproxy \
> --enable-linux-netfilter
>
> I looked at the config.log and I can't figure out where it complains
> tries to compile with libpcap. I have libpcap installed (v1.2.1).

Two things:

  1) "libpcap" is not "libcap or libcap2". libcap2 is a linux
security library to enable low-privileged users capabilities (get it
"cap...") for safe access to high security actions (specifically IP
spoofing). [I can't say where to find it sorry, maybe somone else here
can, but that should be enoough to get you back on the right track to
finding it anyway].

2) --enable-linux-tproxy is for TPROXY version 2 support (Linux 2.2 or so). These days you should not need it on anything other than embeded systems with old kernels. It requires additional kernel patching.

Amos