[squid-users] squid "stops working" several times a day

From: karj <gkaragiannidis_at_dolnet.gr>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 19:54:28 +0200

Hi All,
I have a problem with my squid's.
Squid "stops working" several times a day.
Although the process is up and running, our users get timeouts at port 80.
When this happens even the telnet on port 80 stops working. With no error
messages in log.
The only thing that warns me that something is wrong in cache.log is the
"Detected DEAD Sibling: xxx.xx.xxx.xxx" message.
After a few seconds everything goes back to normal.
We are using 5 squids version (2.7.Stable 9) in Accelerator Mode which are
sibling to each other.
So we have 5 sibling squid in front of our web farms. Serving almost
7000/request per second at peak time, and an average of 4500/request per
second.
The problem occurs randomly in all servers...

Could somebody Help me with what could be happening.