Re: [squid-users] blocking IP address sites vs hostname

From: E.S. Rosenberg <esr+squid_at_g.jct.ac.il>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 01:35:51 +0200

As far as I always understood from the docs (but I may be wrong) any
domain listed in a dstdomain list will also cover the IP associated
with the domain IF the IP has that domain related to it when you do a
reverse lookup on the IP.
So for most big websites/domains that will usually work but small
sites that are hosted at home generally resolve back to the ISP and
not to the domain they are hosting...

The dst type list also does the reverse lookup if I recall correctly...

Hope that wasn't wrong and helpful,
Eli