Re: [squid-users] winbind privilege problems

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 20:18:53 +1300

On 29/02/2012 5:54 p.m., Chris Waters wrote:
> Well, it appears that this is a known issue on Debian variants. Disabling
> the cache_effective_group setting seems to have fixed the issue. Got the
> idea from this thread:
>
> http://old.nabble.com/Bug-307257:-About-winbind-3-and-squid-with-ntlm-authe
> ntication-(Debian-Bug--307257)-td10390962.html
>
> Sorry for the clutter in the list, but maybe it helps someone else.

This should help too...
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Authenticate/Ntlm#winbind_privileged_pipe_permissions

I was wondering how you got that error message on an Ubuntu packaged
during 2011. Notice how in that nabble page is a Debian bug report from
five years ago which ends with Luigi the maintainer saying how its about
to be fixed. The part nabble have omitted is the final message stating
that it is resolved in the Debian packages since Squid 2.6.STABLE13.

You might want to diff those two servers config files to see what else
was missed during upgrades. And run "squid3 -k parse" to find any other
hidden problems.

Amos