Re: [squid-users] Throughput per client stats?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 10:23:37 +1300

On 01.03.2012 05:37, Baird, Josh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is the best tool to use to figure out "heavy users" behind a
> Squid forward proxy? I'm looking for throughput/usage data per
> client
> IP (we log using the X-Forwarded-For header, so the tool would need
> use this value to report on).
>
> We are currently using RHEL5/squid-2.6.STABLE21-6.el5.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Josh

Something that does http://www.squid-cache.org/Misc/log-analysis.html
naturally.

Or the management "client_db" report (if you have client DB feature
enabled) can produce a report of the usage per user. It shows aggregated
usage for users who visited recently with a sliding-scale removal of
records for the least recent users. The SNMP client table OIDs show
these same records in an easily polled way.

Amos