[squid-users] No objects in cache when using http authentication

From: <milutin_at_s3rsync.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 09:27:35 +0200

Hello,

I'm using squid as a reverse proxy to accelerate access to some remote site.

This site have HTTP authentication on top of application authentication
to avoid spiders etc. I my case there is one general username/password
to the site.

I have noticed that Squid don't save objects in cache when the site use
http authentication.

Is it suppose to be like that?
If yes, are there is a way workaround it?

Other question, dose squid in reverse proxy configuration of ssl site
will save objects in cache?

My configuration is Squid 2.6 as reverse proxy, cache_peer ... login=PASS

Regards,
Milutin Voinivich